Golf Star Academy have developed a first touch programme introducing children to golf with modified equipment enabling lessons to take place outside of the golf course.
This unique system is dedicated to the development of new golfers that is both easy and fun to learn.
Our colourful targets, balls and equipment are designed for maximum enjoyment, whilst ensuring that children are continuing to learn golf specific skills.
- DURATION: 8-10 Week Program
- SESSIONS: 1 Session Per Week
- LENGTH: 1 Hour
- FEE: $22 (incl gst)
- These skills include grip and set up, putting, chipping, pitching and driving. A term based program will be completed with a modified game of golf incorporating all the skills learnt throughout the weekly lessons and basic shot selection processes.
- Additionally, GSA not only covers Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) components: rotation, balance (stability), movement, manipulative skills and coordination, it also covers concepts in:
- Physical Education – gross and fine motor skills, spatial awareness and accuracy.
- Science – forces, inertia, acceleration and trajectory.
- Mathematics – numeracy, angles and measurement.
- Classes are available for 5-12 year olds and older. Skill level may also be considered at the coach’s discretion when choosing the right class.